Monday, February 23, 2015

Baptism Isn't Something to Play Around With

Dear Familia,


Last week I told you all that my new area is called Tierras Blancas, well this week I discovered that La Tierra Prometida is more fitting! I'm not kidding!!! Yes, there are nice established houses, and members with cars, but more than that there are literally families EVERYWHERE! Dad told me in a couple of his emails that he's been praying that I could find a family  to teach (in Valparaíso it was just a lot of crazy college students because we lived literally on their campus) here there is nothing but families! Hna. Moreno and I have been teaching Monica (age 43) and her daughter Paula (age 10 and adorable) and this past week Monica accepted to be baptized.  We invited Paula and her answer was so sweet, she said, "Baptism isn't something to play around with, I'll need to pray a lot about this." AH she is so cute! So Paula is currently praying to be baptized with her mom the 15 of March! The catch is that Monica is 43 and has a high risk pregnancy due to her age. She can't do a whole lot and the doctors have told her that for the health of her baby she shouldn't leave the house a lot. Hna. Moreno and I are currently on the search to find a member that can pass by for her this Sunday in their car to help her attend church. 

We are also teaching Camilia (age 18) and her mom, however, her mom isn't progressing a whole lot because she lives with her boyfriend and hasn't been divorced with her previous spouse, this is REALLY normal in Chile and is a huge speed bump in the work of the Lord. But Heavenly Father is so loving he also sent us the familia Fernandez Castillo to work worth. The dad is a less active of about 11 years but attended church last week because his nephew gave a talk. His wife and son (13 years old) aren't members and we had a rocking NDH (noche de hogar) with their family and they invited us over again to talk with them about the church this Thursday!!!! Pray that everything will go well and that we can help this family be an eternal family!!! Heavenly Father is great! The mission is good! And Chileans are crazy! 

Photos:



Tierras Blancas is a lot like St. George...a good dry desert, and the sunrises and sunsets are fantastic! This is how I start my day in the morning.





I thought this hat was fitting seeing as I'm doing the work of salvation ;)



Hna. Moreno and our apartment building! 

No comments:

Post a Comment