Monday, February 16, 2015

"A Whole New World"

February 16, 2015

Dear Familia,

Ok, I have about 10 minutes so this is going to be bien cortito! I got transferred to the north, my area is called "Tierras Blancas" and I have no idea why because there isn't as single white piece of dirt, and I am the only gringa in 100 kilometers. but hey, it's a catchy name. 

My companion is Hna. Moreno and she's from Argentina! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I have been praying for a Latina compeñera because after all the gringas I've had and Hna. Prates, my Spanish was really suffering! 

I'm in a ward that's way strong and the members have cars and everything! I feel like Jasmin with Aladin "A whole new world, a shinning place I've never seen..." haha something like that, it's been a while since I've listened to anything but hymns. 

Hna. Prates is one of my best friends! We have a secret handshake and everything, and we were blubbering babies when we found out I was going to be transferred. It's amazing how the mission changes us, and how much we grow through all the trials. 

Life is good! I´m loving my new area and comp! The members are fantastic! 

XOXO
Hna. McKenna

P.S.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!


Photos:


This is what the members feed us every day!!!! It's sooooo goood! (P.S she's not my companion, I was in an intercambio)



Hna. Prates is in love with Carrson....haha no joke! She asked if she could keep his b-day invite when I was packing up all my stuff! 




No comments:

Post a Comment