Monday, February 9, 2015

Paint a Badge on Your Heart

February 9, 2015

Dear Familia,

This week has flown by! This intercambio has flown by! These past 7 months have flown by! This past week Hna. Prates and I preached, taught, testified, and performed in our branch’s talent show. Ha… these past couple of weeks the missionaries in the branch have been planning a talent show with the members and investigators, and this past Friday was the big debut! It was a roaring success and Hna. Prates and I sang "La Oración del Profeta"  (Joseph Smith’s First Prayer) and between the 2 and 3 verses we recited the 1st visión. Not very original, I know, but it helped bring a spiritual feel to the activity for the investigators and less actives that attended. One of our investigators, Luis (old man that has a Word of Wisdom problema, not the 19 year old), attended and has been progressing fabulously. He has stopped drinking, but the cigarettes still have a hold of him! Tonight we're going to have a Noche de Hogar with him and his wife, who is a member.

This week I have been reading in Alma about Ammón and sus hermanos. It reminded me a ton of my sweet hermanas y elders that are out in the misión field. Those who are fresh in the MTC, and my beloved Hna. Brindley who just finished the misión!!!! Chapter 26:1-3 hits the topic right on the nose!

 “1 And now, these are the words of Ammon to his brethren, which say thus: My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we started‍ from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?

 2 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?
 3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many‍ of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments‍ in the hands of God to bring about this great work.”
What a blessing it is to be instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work!!!!! There are miracles and blessings every single day in the misión, every hour. To Hna. Murphy, and Sis. Jackson…I encourage you to look for the simple daily miracles and blessings that God showers down on us, and to my sweet amiga Megan, who is fresh in the casa, thank you so much for being such an amazing example to me and remember that the misión never ends. If you don't have a missionary badge on your shirt, paint one on your heart.
I love the misión and I love the chance to be a servant of the Lord.
I hope all is well in the casa!
XOXO-Hna. McKenna
Fun Facts:
I ate a green bean casserole this week. Thank you, Mother, for the preparation for this. I was able to eat it with a smile on my face and all :)
We have intercambios this week....I'll keep you posted if I'm still in Valparaíso next week!

We have a zone meeting tomorrow and the zone leaders called me to tell me that I received a giant package and to come prepared...ha… I'm guessing this is the Valentines Day package, Mom :) Thanks so much for your love and support!

Photos:

My sister of another faith! Wahooo for serving a misión of the Lord! She's been on her misión for 15 years...WOWZA!





Talent Show Selfi




Mi amiga Barbra. Her talent was drawing and she did an amazing Japanese versión of my side profile for her talent. It took her about 30 minutes to do the shading of my upper lip :)




Donkey?

Sofia left on the misión!!!! They grow up so fast! I'm going to miss her accompaning us.



Franko y Byron enjoying the peaches we brought them! Franko is also saying his prayers...it's so cute, he likes to say prayers when we whisper in his ear what to say! Oh I love these boys so much! Jack and Carrson, do you guys want another little brother?







No comments:

Post a Comment